A fine working English compound microscope by Henry Crouch of London, circa 1880
Marked No. 4016 on base.
With fitted box of mahogany with brass hardware and key.
Diamond-shaped brass escutcheon reads: W.R. Prior, Eagle St, London
With removable fitted wood sliding holder for four lenses and four cylindrical containers with caps (three lenses on microscope, one in container)
Container caps read as follows:
H. Crouch, London 1/10
H. Crouch, London 1 inch
3 E. Leitz Wetzlar
C. Baker, 244 High Holborn, London 3/4 inch.