A fine pair of Scottish ceramic cats from the Bridgeness pottery near Bo'ness, each cat featuring glass eyes and Fine modeling in the round.
Rd. No. 523391 - Registered in 1908
The town and former port of Bo'ness (Borrowstounness) stands on the southern shore of the river forth, ten miles west of the forth bridge.
In the 18th century, Bo’ness was one of the most thriving towns on the east coast and ranked as the third port in Scotland. Among the town's many thriving industries was pottery production and Bo'ness soon became established as one of the main pottery producing areas in the country.
Pottery production in the town lasted for almost 200 years and it reached its heyday at the end of the 19th century when three factories were operating simultaneously at Bo'ness, Grangepans and Bridgeness.