An authentic English pub sign (one-sided) featuring a painting of a path through a grove of trees with a deer in the foreground, entitled: Taylor Walker - The Grove Tavern.
Taylor Walker Brewing Company was founded in 1730 in Stepney, in the East End of London.
First trading as the Salmon and Hare, the company later became known as the Hare and Hartford. In 1796 John Taylor acquired Hare's share and the company took the name Taylor Walker with Isaac Walker becoming a partner.
The brewery moved to Fore Street, Limehouse in 1823 and into the Barley Mow Brewery in 1889. Sadly, the Barley Mow Brewery brewery was closed in 1960 and torn down in the mid-1960s.
A very fine example of vintage advertising artwork, ready for display.